Photobucket

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Metamorphosis


As I was putting on my makeup today I was thinking, isn't it just so amazing how your mood can change when you start putting your self together. How you just feel complete with your hair done and your makeup fixed. Your mood changes when you change your appearance. Like when you dye your hair darker you feel more mysterious. Your look for school or the office is a lot different then the vixen you turn into once you do your makeup for the club. How a simple change of color in your lipstick can lead you to a different night.
When I get out of bed in the morning, I admit, I'm not the most beautiful person in the world. Once I start to fix my hair, put some lip gloss here, eye shadow there, I feel brand new. Just as if you were to go to work or school with no makeup on you feel naked or maybe even just more drained and tired. It's amazing to me how makeup can change a person's appearance and mood all together.
But I understand that some people just don't like looking that made up. Which is just fine but you still don't have to go out look sick and pale. What's so wonderful these days is there are so many makeup products out there these days that when you put them on you can barely feel them and don't feel like its all caked on. There are also easy tricks to look all natural with a hint of makeup on.
One I love to do is to use moisturizer all over the face. Use concealer only where needs such as under the eyes or on any blemishes and blend well. Also most girls don't have naturally glowing skin or blushing cheeks so if your going for a sunkissed look I like to use some bronzing lotion on the apples of the cheeks and the bridge of the nose. Now if your going for a softer look, use a soft rose creme blush onto cheeks, temples, and chin. Also apply basic brown eye liner to the upper lashline and then use a very soft pink blush to dab on the eyelids.
So ladies, taking two minutes out of your day to put on just a dab of makeup is just a small price to pay to achieve complements such as, "I wish I could be like you, just hop out of bed and look great!"

1 comment:

  1. I love that somebody shares the same views on makeup as myself. I just blogged the other day about when you look good, you feel good. I completely agree with this blog. I feel so much better once my look is complete. I enjoy reading all your posts. Maybe we can share our makeup tips and things of that nature. I've already had my training in makeup and am in school for cosmetology now, it's definitely nice to see someone who shares that passion :) Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete